Beate of Canal House Bed and Breakfast reports that from its location in St. Peter’s, guests are within walking distance to:
- The historic Nicolas Deny Museum (commemorates the life of 17th century French explorer, trader and colonizer, Nicolas Denys of Tours)
- The St. Peter’s Canal (with its tidal lock system specially designed to link the Atlantic Ocean with the Bras d’Or Lakes)
- The MacAskill House Museum
- The St. Peter’s Marina that is linked to a walking trail which will take guests for an easy stroll along St. Peter’s Bay.
- Day trips to famous Cape Breton attractions, such as the Cabot Trail, Baddeck (home of Alexander Graham Bell) the historic Fortress of Louisbourg, as well as several breathtaking coastal fishing villages along the Acadian regions of Isle Madame and Cheticamp.