John is with Stewart House in Grand-Pré near the Bay of Fundy and has these five local activities to suggest.
- have a glass of wine or bubbly at any of half-dozen wineries in the area (Lucketts has a wonderful view and Acadie has excellent bubbly, but you can’t really go wrong having your own personal taste test on a lazy afternoon in Grand-Pré.
- Rent a tube, line up some friends for the shuttle and go tubing on the Gaspereau River
- Check out a tide table and try to have a swim two hours either side of high tide in the at Evangeline Beach.
- Indulge your gastronomic cravings with a tasty slice of blueberry pie at the Evangeline Cafe or a fine dinner at Le Caveau Restaurant (Domaine de Grand Pre Winery).
- Visit the Grand Pre Historic Site and the Deportation Cross in Horton Landing. You are exploring the newest World Heritage Site in Canada.